Friday, April 25, 2014

Temple Assignment




Just had to share this quick note. We went to the temple to work our shift on Wednesday night. I got ready and went into the ordinance room for prayer meeting.
The matron came to sit by me. "You've worked in several temples before this one, haven't you?"
I should have known that was a trick question because she already knew that.
I told her that we had worked in the Las Vegas Temple, the Jordan River Temple, and the Ogden Temple.
Then she said, "I know you haven't served in a small temple like this before, but would you be willing to be the shift coordinator?"
What? I thought. I'm only here temporarily for a few months. This call makes no sense at all. But I said, "I would love to do whatever you would like me to do."
She put her arm around me. "Thank you for accepting. The assistant coordinator will train you."
So I spent the night reading the procedure book and locating all the closets, etc.
Now, for the good part. Here are the particulars. (Some of you will get a chuckle out of this.)
Job description:
Shift Coordinator of five people. You have to call some of them to make sure five will show up.
Scheduler: There is one hour of initiatory in one booth before the one endowment session.
Trainer: Keep up on the ongoing training. Anyone wanting to pass anything off must do it through the shift coordinator.
Laundry manager: All clothing must be taken to the laundry, washed, and folded before the end of the shift.
Custodian: All garbage must be emptied and the locker room floor vacuumed if necessary, prayer roll names taken to the brethren, and lockers checked before leaving.
This temple has the same sweet wonderful feeling as every other temple we've ever  been in. Working there is the highlight of our week. We love it; it is our favorite place in the whole world to be.
We know one of the best parts of our mission experience will be taking the recent converts there to do baptisms for the dead so they can partake of that sweet wonderful feeling also.


2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! The recent converts will love doing baptisms!

    ReplyDelete