Saturday, April 12, 2014

Daily Blessings of Missionary Work



Our Apartment
Both Elder Monson and I are getting in shape. 
Our Apartment Stairs

This is the set of stairs we climb several times a day.
Bob has lost about seven more pounds. He is looking great! 

Our job as member-leadership support is to be in touch with all the recent converts and make sure they feel welcome and get established in the ward. We can also read the Book of Mormon with them and answer any questions they may have.
Conference Cookies

Driving all around Memphis is a little tricky at times. It's a big city with lots of roads winding this way and that. My best friend is the nice maps lady on my phone. She points the way, tells me which way to turn and give me a half mile warning always. 
Our Map quest Friend

I love hanging out with her because she makes me look good—like I know where I am and where I'm going when I really don't.

The new converts are wonderful people. We already love them. They have many Christ-like attitudes. They are so loving and friendly. They have welcomed us with open arms. 
Bob and his new friend

This cute little girl came up and put her arms around Bob when she first met him. She remembers us each time we come to her house and runs to give us a big hug.

We are so very excited because the Memphis Temple President called us yesterday to meet with him this week. We have been cleared to be ordinance workers. We don't know what our schedule will be yet, but we are very grateful and very happy.
The beautiful Memphis Temple

3 comments:

  1. Elder Monson she is a sweet little one. The peanutbutter cookies look great. Bet you are the best loved Sister Missionary in the Mission. Loved talking to you. Be safe and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a wonderful Easter Celebration. I will be back to catch up on this blog. It looks like you are having some awesome missionary experiences.
    Blessings, love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete