Saturday, July 12, 2014

Enjoying Life in Memphis



Life is great here. We both feel very relaxed now. We know are way around our ward boundaries. (Well, mostly!) We are acquainted with many of the ward members. And we have fallen in love with all that we come in contact with.


Our little premature baby came home from the hospital this week. Here she is with her mother and big sister. 


 Here's her older brother at our Thursday swim party. If the children go to church, read their Book of Mormon a few minutes each day, and spend a little time reading for fun, they get to come swimming at our apartment complex on Thursday afternoon.


A Hello Kitty Birthday party is always lots of fun. This sweet little one is a cute little miniature doll.

When we visit the inactives, some of them accept us and enjoy the visit. Others throw us out of the house. We never know what we'll find.

Elder Monson and I split up today. He went to ward correlation meeting, and I went down town.
I went to meet with a pro bono lawyer to get a ward member's misdemeanors expunged. First I had to find my way to the down town library, which I did great. Then there was a line-up of about 75 people. I asked the lady handing out the applications whether I should see a lawyer or if I should come back. The ward member I was to bring had an emergency and couldn't come. The application lady directed me to the lawyer from the Public Defender's Office and he answered all my questions in fifteen minutes. I didn't even have to wait. Heavenly Father really blessed me. 

So this coming week, it's off to the General Sessions Criminal Court Clerk's Office for more fun. We are really learning a lot. Things we would never have come in contact with if we had stayed home.


The world is so small when you are with church members. Here is a wonderful couple that took us to dinner last night, Larry and Sheila Caulford. Larry is a cousin to a member of the bishop in the Taylor Canyon Ward in Ogden (Mother's ward). We know a lot of the same people. I even know the house his cousin lives in. 

Lots of blessings! Lots of fun!

2 comments:

  1. You are having such interesting and sweet experience. I like the incentive for the children after they finish their assignments.
    The picture of the mother and her two babies was so sweet.
    You are having some unique experiences; I loved reading this one;
    Continued blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swimming is an awesome incentive!!
    You guys are educating and being educated! How cool is that? :)

    ReplyDelete