Saturday, June 21, 2014

A Week of Hope, Healing, and Hard Work



Our Sister with the hip replacement is coming up on three weeks after surgery. She is doing well. She's determined in the things she wants, and the way she wants them. 

She told me I had done enough for her. She wanted the young Elders to come disinfect the shower chair she borrowed from a friend. I told her it would only take me a minute to clean it, but she wanted the young Elders. (That really made more work for us because we had to arrange for the Elders to come with us, go pick them up, and take them to her house.)
 
Read More 

When the young Elders got there, they couldn't believe that had come all the way to her house for a five-minute service project. (One Elder was a good sport and cleaned the chair. The other Elder was impatient with the entire process.) Her chair is clean, and she is happy.

The youngest mother in the large family that was baptized began to have labor pains this past week. Her baby was due mid August. She was in the hospital for several days until they got the contractions stopped. Just as they were about to send her home, her contractions began in earnest and she dilated quickly.

The baby crowned and Grandmother caught her just as she was being born. Grandma rang for the nurse, and it was hectic for a few minutes. But they had a new baby. Named her Mahogany. I think that's a pretty name.
Here are Grandma and Mom—both tired but happy to have the ordeal over.
 

Elder Monson and a handy man from the ward, along with two of the Elders, repaired this wall. A member's nephew drove into the garage and crashed the wall into the laundry room. They had to replace a wall stud, the door frame, and the dry wall. It's not finished, but at least they can close the laundry room door now.


2 comments:

  1. You are both amazing Brother and Sister Monson! We love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh you are having some unique experiences. You both are amazing. I loved the pictures and the new little one looks so cute. I do hope she is doing well. I miss you dear friend and I am a bit behind on reading blogs; I will slowly catch up. I love your missionary blog. Blessings, love and hugs for the two of you!

    ReplyDelete