Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I Want The Lord to Know I Was Really Here



One of the wives of the MTC Mission Presidency shared these lines from Sister Hinckley. I want to live this way.

“The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.” Marjorie Pay Hinckley


“I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.
I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.
I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children.
I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden.
I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.
I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.” Marjorie Pay Hinckley

I love this last quote because I want the Lord to know I was here and really lived. Sister Hinckley outlines what true ministering is. I hope our mission will in some small way to  show Him this.

4 comments:

  1. Christy, you are such a sweetheart, I believe you will achieve just what you hope. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a kind comment. Thanks so very much. I send a hug.

      Delete
  2. This is one of my very favorite quotes of Sister Hinckley. I am sure you will show the Lord you are really here. I imagine you are going to have some awesome moments in the MTC.
    We didn't drop our grandson off; but he is there.
    Blessings on your missionary endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Sisters Hinkley's words as she shared this quote. I think in six months there will be no question about whether you were both there! We love you and the Gospel is true!

    ReplyDelete